We’re listening and we want to hear from you!
We are inviting the public to Superintendent Stakeholder Meetings on March 12 from 7-8 p.m. and March 13 from 6-7 p.m. at the Waukee District Office, conference room 102, 560 SE University Avenue.
What they want to know:
- What are the best things about living in the Waukee CSD boundaries?
- What is so great about Waukee CSD?
- What are you looking for in a Waukee CSD Superintendent?
- What do you think a new superintendent would want to know before taking over Waukee CSD
Your input is important as we search and select a new leader in our organization.
If you are not able to make one of the public meeting times, please plan to complete the online survey by March 18 at 8 a.m.
Qualities of the next superintendent
- Possesses excellent leadership and visionary skills, with the ability to motivate others to quality performance; has the ability to instill trust and confidence in all aspects of the organization.
- Possesses strong management skills with demonstrated ability in problem-solving, decision-making, and consensus building; has a thorough understanding of educational finance and budget processes and demonstrates the ability to maximize resources and manage expenses.
- Possesses strong personal and professional qualities including: honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness that are the hallmarks of a quality educational leader.
- Has the ability to identify the strengths of others, build upon those strengths, and develop collaborative relationships. A positive team builder with the ability to achieve consensus and create a climate for positive risk-taking.
- Believe that student achievement is the highest priority and demonstrate a passion for learning as a proven instructional leader.
Proposed Search Planning Calendar
- February 25 – Board of Education meeting
- Set calendar
- Identify selection criteria
- Board member contact information
- Identify District Point of Contact (POC)
- Discuss advertising media and dates
- Discuss any additional stakeholder (school/community), groups
- Beginning February – Advertise the Position
- Week of March 11 – Stakeholder group meetings with McPherson & Jacobson
- March 25 – Board of Education meeting
- Report on Stakeholder Meetings
- Select interview questions
- Determine interview procedures
- March 28 – Closing date for applications
- April 15 – Board of Education meeting
- Meet with stakeholder group chairs
- Review candidates
- Select finalists
- Review interview questions
- Finalize Candidate Daily Interview Schedule
- Week of April 22 – Interviews
Thank you for your support of Waukee Community School District. We will continue to post updates about the Superintendent Search Process on our website.